Looking to bake or cook but not willing to pay for all of the expensive ingredients?
Each jar comes with a recipe card. These jars make great gifts!
Numbers in parentheses are the price you would pay to buy the ingredients individually. Check out our price list here (based on Trader Joes’ prices).
Recipes (Dry Ingredients Only)
- Pumpkin Scones (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves, ginger): $5.5 ($17)
- S’more cookies (graham crackers, marshmallows, chocolate, chocolate chips, brown sugar, salt, flour, cinnamon, baking soda, sugar): $6 ($22)
- German chocolate cupcakes (cake flour, baking soda, salt, sugar, chocolate chips, brown sugar, coconut, pecans): $5 ($15)
- Oatmeal raisin cookies (sugar, brown sugar, raisins, salt, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, oats): $5 ($15)
- Chili (chili powder, oregano, cumin, ground black pepper, cayenne pepper): $3.50 ($10)
- Lentil soup (basil, bay leaves, dry lentils, salt, pepper): $5
- Jambalaya mix: $6
- Friendship Soup (split peas, lentils, pearl barley, onion flakes, bay leaves, alphabet pasta, long-grain rice, beef bouillon, dried Italian seasoning): $7
Recipes (Dry + Fresh Ingredients)
- Rainbow vegetable chili (zucchini, yellow squash, red pepper, yellow pepper, orange pepper, garlic, onion, celery, carrots, kidney beans, chickpeas, corn, canned tomatoes, black beans + dry ingredients above): $10 for 4 servings ($30)
- Zucchini fritters (grated zucchini, salt, pepper, flour, garlic, special ingredients!): $3 ($7)
- Tofu stirfry (marinated tofu, onion, garlic, red pepper, orange pepper, yellow pepper, zucchini, yellow squash, choice of masala or yellow curry sauce): $7 ($14)
Want to place an order? Visit our order form page.
Any adjustments you’d like made? Requests for other recipes? Want a jar shipped to outside DC? Just let us know! Email firstname.lastname@example.org.